Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bless these Holy things.

I've been reading "Come Be my Light," a book about Mother Theresa. It's good. But that's beside the point. I'm finding myself quite enamored with Catholicism. Not like I'm going to convert or anything, but more like this:

Lately, I've had this huge urge to bless things like a Catholic Priest. Sign of the cross and all. You know how it goes. For example, after spending a few hours organizing the archive at work, it was everything I could do to stop myself from blessing the Holy Archive.

So, without further ado, here I go blessing things in my life. Jesus style. (Or King James style?)

Bless the Holy Internet, with which there was much drought. (I'll spare you the deets, but hopefully I'll now be posting here more than, you know, every three weeks.)
Bless my Holy Housewares, without which, I would be very sad.
Bless the Holy Netflix.
Bless my Holy Friends, old and new.
Bless the Holy Snake River Valley, O Lord, that it may thaw.
Bless the Holy WinCo.
Bless the Holy Meadows, and their Holy Amenities, the Holy Hot Tub, and the Holy Weight Room.
Bless the Holy BLT and Ricotta Sandwich.
Bless the Holy Villa Coffeehouse.

And for the sake of job security, Bless the Holy River City Weekly, and its Holy Archive.

That's the short list, folks; but seriously... bless all of you. In response to the last post, I received nothing but the best kind of support from all of you. People came out of the woodwork fo' real. And it was awesome. Made for one of the best days/weeks of my life in recent memory.

3 comments:

  1. I checked out the said archives. Nice work, yo. And I also checked out the RCW website. Very snazzy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read about half of "Come Be My Light" too! I will finish it someday (just got a little burned out on religion stuff for a while). Seth and I decided our cat is Mother Teresa reincarnated. She had such a rough, busy first life that she got to be a spoiled cat that gets to relax all day in her second life (plus she has an "M" on her forehead). Anyway, I agree with Blessing the Holy Internet and coffee house, without which I would cry.

    ReplyDelete