Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Top 6 things that make me weepy.

Me and my friends have a few words that seem to describe feelings we often have. The most often used one is weepy (not that this is THAT unique of a word... but it seems to describe how I feel A LOT). Weepy (adj.) - Swelling of emotion within one's chest. Approaching, but not achieving tears. Often accompanied by a lurch to control sudden onset. Not an unpleasant emotion.

So, without further ado, here's the top 6 things that make me weepy. Some serious, some ridiculous. And in no particular order...

6. Planet Earth. Have you seen it? There's this part where they are filming flying down a river, and suddenly the river drops from below them to create the most breathtaking waterfall (the tallest in the world, I think). It makes me dizzy. And weepy.

5. Infant cuddling. Soren before bedtime. Gareth drooling on my shirt. I'd be more eager to have children of my own some day if it involved more cuddling.

4. AIDS. Every time I read an account of someone dying from AIDS, a movie about AIDS, or anything else regarding suffering because of the disease...

3. The Newsies soundtrack. "Pulitzer and Hearst, they think we're nothin'. Are we nothin'? No!"

2. People stuck in the closet.

1. This American Life. Ira Glass and that pregnant pause. Oh the stories! Love.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure Gareth will be more than willing to drool on your shirt again ;-) He likes you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Planet Earth - it's absolutely amazing. At the same time, the footage and the voiceover combination are often so soothing that I end up getting really tired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome list. Do you know what else makes me weepy? All the vids on wherethehellismatt.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. is this gonna become a trademark thing? lists of 6...

    i can go for this.

    ReplyDelete